If you wish to avoid the bustle of traditional travel guides, online travel firms are useful. They simplify the process of organising your trip, help you save time and money, and give you information about the destinations you wish to see.
Additionally, it is not a good idea to pack your bags and go without a destination in mind. Before you start your journey, you need a guide who can point you in the right direction and assist you in selecting the destinations.
It could be challenging for you as a traveller to choose just one agency. All of them seem wonderful from the outside. Their products and services are dependable and cost-effective.
Is that it, though? Don’t make a choice just yet; the situation may change once you get there.
In this article, we’ll examine two types of trip planners. The two services up for comparison are GetYourGuide and Viator.
Why are they the agencies in demand the most? Do they actually represent what they claim to? Who, if anyone, is superior and why? Check it out.
WHAT IS GETYOURGUIDE?
The convergence and presentation rule is employed by the agency. Here is a great illustration to further illustrate this: Now use your smartphone to access Google and look for different things to do while travelling. You’ll arrive at a lot of business websites with different kinds of information, right?
During the procedure, you could easily become perplexed. Now, GetYourGuide brings all of these businesses together on a single platform. All of the events and tours are accessible at once when you visit their website.
This helps you choose a travel agency that suits you and saves you time.
HOW TO BOOK TOURS WITH GETYOURGUIDE?
Booking a trip with the GetYourGuide company is an easy process. You can adhere to these easy steps:
- SPECIFY YOUR DESTINATIONS
Access their website first, where you’ll find a location search page by activity.
Choose the trips that fit your schedule, language preference, and anticipated length of stay in the designated area.
2. SELECT ACTIVITIES
Every time you try to book a trip or activity, someone else has already made the reservation. They can leave reviews on the website, which provides you an idea of what you might anticipate.
To avoid disappointment, thoroughly read the reviews. Additionally, the organisation certifies a select places that have been shown to be top-notch attractions and provide activities that meet your needs.
Additionally, you will learn the cost of the activity you have selected. Verify whether the travel agency offers post-purchase services like hotel pickups.
You can always cancel the tour if you aren’t persuaded enough.
3. BOOKING & PAYMENT
The next steps are booking and payment once you’ve decided on a place. To prevent a confusing booking, first filter the date, language, and time.
On the next page, fill in your billing details. Because PayPal and other online payment options are widely used, enter your email address with extreme caution.
Keep in mind that there are no booking fees with GetYourGuide. The actual tour guide is the one who receives all of the payments.
You only have 24 hours to cancel a trip; in this instance, the supplier—not GetYourGuide—will reimburse your money.
PROS OF GETYOURGUIDE
- You can download an online app from the agency’s website to your phone. It will enable you to hunt for an organiser as you travel. Additionally, it serves as a reminder that you have already paid for the service.
- Smart customization makes it simple to traverse the website and app when looking for an activity.
- It is very easy to evaluate and contrast suppliers while considering variables like pricing and services provided. Use the last-minute availability to your advantage.
- Very excellent client assistance is provided. Without a doubt, GetYourGuide has worked hard to assemble a support staff that is constantly available to help you out.
CONS OF GETYOURGUIDE
- GetYourGuide is not the supplier that is actually on the ground, like any other online travel agency. It merely introduces you to the organiser you get along with. As a result, they are unable to exert full control over the supplier’s services. Because things can go wrong and you can’t hold GetYourGuide responsible, don’t expect a company you found through the agency to treat you the way you expect.
- The agency has worked with numerous distinct businesses. Given that both sides benefited from the relationship, they might have taken additional steps to expand their product database. This makes it impossible to maintain control over the many suppliers.
WHAT IS VIATOR?
Do you know what TripAdvisor is? Well, Viator was purchased by a major international online travel business in 2014 for $200 million.
This suggests that, contrary to earlier assumptions, Viator is no longer a standalone business. The parent firm, TripAdvisor, nevertheless oversees the majority of its operations even though it is run as a separate business.
In essence, Viator is an established and renowned organizer—not a tour provider. There are more than 200,000 bookable activities available to it, giving you a wide range of options.
Viator, like GetYourGuide, has benefited from advancing technology by developing a mobile app for cellphones. By making a smartphone reservation, you can avoid the discouraging “sold out” signals you would encounter when working with conventional operators.
HOW TO BOOK TOURS WITH VIATOR?
The booking procedure is identical because the business is connected to TripAdvisor. The same is true when using GetYourGuide to arrange a tour.
Visit the website first, look for an operator, and make a direct reservation to get a better deal. Keep in mind that the price difference is not crucial right now for you.
Why? The event planners that Viator has collaborated with receive significant discounts.
When you need a refund, Viator and GetYourGuide differ significantly from one another. After 24 hours, GetYourGuide gives you a refund.
You need to wait until you reach home to book with Viator.
95% of travellers, according to studies, read reviews. 76% of them take the appropriate action and believe the reviews. Viator has taken advantage of the influence of reviews and invites you to read their authenticated customer testimonials before making a choice.
PROS OF VIATOR
- Your money is secure. You receive a refund by the time you return home if your vacation must be cancelled for any reason.
- A one-stop shop for everything is Viator. On a single website, you have access to a wide variety of travel guides. This facilitates your search and speeds up the process of finding your right guide.
- Only the attractions you select require payment. There are no unstated costs.
- Viator is a powerful brand that is well-known worldwide thanks to its affiliation with TripAdvisor.
- One of the best innovations comes from Viator. They have improved their services and made tour booking simple by utilising the development of technology.
CONS OF VIATOR
- All available supply is exhausted. You exclusively rely on reviews, therefore you have no idea how to sort the wheat from the chaff. You might have to go through a situation you never anticipated if you happen to miss the shot.
- Booking difficulties have reportedly been observed with Viator. Take care to avoid becoming a victim in the process.
- They provide unsatisfactory information about the organisers on their website. Unfortunately, their employees have greater knowledge, but they haven’t been able to figure out how to include this on their website. Call them if you want additional details and have the time to speak with someone.
GETYOURGUIDE vs VIATOR DETERMINANT FACTORS
Since it appears that they all have the same rating, there is fierce competition between these two. However, there are a few variables you might consider in order to make the best decision.
These distinctions can give you a hint as to what to search for in the selection process, even if it might be challenging to find unbiased advice on picking the best online booking agency.
- UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT
Make a list of the things you are looking for first. Then you separate them into two columns, good to haves and must-haves. Here are a few things to take into account:
- Payment Option
- User-Friendly Interface
- Good Customer Support
- Currency Setting
- Email Automation
This is the initial stage of the sifting procedure. But there are still a few more things that could influence your decision in this step.
2. SIMPLICITY OF USE
Both platforms have a welcoming user interface, but which is superior? Of course, you should pick the one that performs better in your opinion. Consider your personal interaction with the app or website rather than solely relying on reviews from outside parties.
Prior to making a choice, you must also consider how much time you spend on each website.
3. QUALITY OF REPORTING
How does the booking service display the various tours and guides on their website? Do they skim over critical information or are they scant?
You’ll have a better understanding of the reservations, the rules, and anything else that might enhance your trip if you read an in-depth report.
4. CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Without a doubt, the customer service departments of GetYourGuide and Viator are outstanding. However, you must dig a little bit deeper.
Look into how quickly they respond, how well they understand their clients, how long it takes them to correct errors, and how far they will go to satisfy you.
5. MARKETING PROFILE
You can tell a lot about how the agencies treat you compared to their organisers by looking at their marketing profiles.
Look into how they handle promotions and whether they are cost-conscious. Do they prioritise low costs at the expense of service quality?
6. THE AGENCY’S REPUTATION
Numerous thousands of people have presumably utilised Viator and GetYourGuide in the past. They are aware of how the systems operate and may provide you wise counsel.
Look for online review sites where you can find a wealth of knowledge. The organisation with the most favourable reviews ought to prevail.
This is an objective evaluation of GetYourGuide and Viator. It is clear that GetYourGuide is superior to Viator after carefully examining the key differentiators.
It offers a little wider range of benefits in terms of responsibility, informational accuracy, and tour options.
This does not imply that Viator is a trustworthy company. It’s still a top-notch organisation that can help you, just not as well as GetYourGuide.